At Blessing, our specialized nurses and therapists offer personalized health care in your home. Our comprehensive medical services help you recover safely and comfortably at home for as long as possible.
Experience the Blessing Difference: Home Care
We provide you with the skilled medical care you need while you recover from illness or surgery. Our comprehensive care includes:
- Initial assessment: When we first visit your home, we do a complete health assessment. We take your vital signs, evaluate your health, learn your medical needs and assess the safety of your home environment. Our goal is to provide all the help you need for a successful recovery at home.
- Care that focuses on you: We take the time to get to know you and understand your goals and needs. Whether you want to go shopping by yourself or attend a granddaughter’s wedding, we work with you to develop a treatment or rehabilitation plan to achieve your goal. You will have your own case manager, a registered nurse who will coordinate all the therapies and programs you need.
- Registered nurses, certified nursing assistants and certified therapists: Our staff includes qualified medical professionals with advanced training in their fields of expertise. The medical experts you need will come to your door.
- Whole-person care: We treat the whole person – body, mind and spirit. From depression screenings to house safety assessments we make sure you are safe and have the care and services you need to live well in your home. Learn more about the home care services we provide.
- Fitness made easy: Blessing Home Care provides free exercise classes in towns around the area. The classes are great for senior citizens and people of any age with mild physical limitations. Most classes run 30-45 minutes. The intensity of the exercise is different at each location. Click here to view locations.
The Advantages of Blessing Home Care
Our home care services allow you to stay in your own home while receiving the medical treatments and therapies you need. The advantages of home health care include:
- Greater independence: At home, you can be yourself, do the activities you enjoy, and receive visitors whenever you like – all while receiving the medical care you need. You’ll have regularly scheduled appointments with your Blessing Home Care team, with instructions for what you need to do between visits.
- Family support: Many families like to have a parent or loved one living at home. It’s an environment that the whole family is comfortable with and benefits everyone.
- Lower financial burden: Many of our services are covered by Medicare or third-party insurers. When it is safe and appropriate, home care can cost less than inpatient rehabilitation centers or nursing homes.
- Shorter hospital stay: Because we provide medical services such as wound care or physical therapy, you may be able to go home earlier from the hospital. You can recover comfortably at home, knowing that you will receive expert medical care.
- Less need to return to the hospital: With high-quality medical care at home, you are less likely to develop serious complications or other health conditions. That means you may not need to return to the hospital for care. We can identify many health conditions in their early stages and treat them before they become serious. Fewer complications mean quicker recovery time for you and a quicker return to your daily activities.
Call us at 217-223-8400, ext. 4910 to learn more about our home health care services. We can help you understand your in-home medical needs. You’ll need a referral from your primary care doctor to receive our services.