Since 1983, the Blessing Foundation has been giving back to the community that has given so much to all of us. We distribute grants, scholarships and financial assistance to individuals and families to help them on their healthcare journeys.
Charitable Giving: The Blessing Foundation Difference
The Blessing Foundation works to improve the health of our communities and the people within them. We are:
- Local: All funds, grants and scholarships go to people within our healthcare family, including patients, their families, student nurses and hospital departments. Your gift remains within your community.
- Compassionate: We expect no patient to leave our care burdened by need. From wheelchairs to gas money to food and lodging for families of children in the hospital, we can help you meet your needs.
- Conscientious: Your entire donation – 100 percent – goes directly to the fund or scholarship you choose. We do not deduct fees from donations because Blessing Corporation funds our salaries, offices and administrative expenditures.
- Flexible: We want your donation to go to the cause you are passionate about. From breast cancer to scholarships for student nurses, we have more than 60 funds to choose from. It is also possible to set up a fund that speaks to your passion and specify how the money can be spent.
Blessing Foundation: Giving the Gift of Health
For fiscal year 2017 alone, we received more than 32,000 gifts totaling $1,748,893.50. In addition to managing and distributing these gifts, we provided $1,650,000 to Blessing Health System affiliates and programs to improve health services for our community.
Find out more about the programs and people we support, how to donate and how we show our appreciation for our donors:
- Funds, scholarships and grants: Learn more about what we do with the donations and gifts we receive.
- Projects: Discover some of the grants and projects we fund throughout our region.
- Support for patients and families: Read about how we are helping our patients and their families with donations from the local community and Blessing employees.
- Options for your donation: Learn more about how to donate and choose a fund to support.
- Acknowledgement for your generosity: Find out how we honor your gift through donor recognition.
Caregiver Appreciation: Who’s Your Angel?
Blessing caregivers work hard to provide you with the best possible care. Here’s how you can let them know you appreciate their dedication and service.
If you or a loved one has had an exceptional care experience at Blessing, you can show your appreciation by nominating a caregiver for a Who’s Your Angel award. Click here to nominate someone.
Why I Give to the Caring Club
This fund helps Blessing patients when no other fund can help them. From building wheelchair ramps to paying electricity bills or helping with gas money, the Caring Club gives patients the helping hand they need on their healthcare journey.
The Caring Club is an unrestricted fund, and we accept donations from community members and Blessing employees.
Suzi Phillips, customer service representative, Illini Health Services, Denman Services, Inc.
“Why do I give to the Blessing Foundation? The Caring Club is a resource that anyone in the Blessing Health System can use to “fill in the gaps” of income or insurance. It makes me very proud to be a part of an organization that is truly committed to improving the health of our community!”
Our online donation form makes giving a gift in your name or in honor of a loved one easy. Make your donation today. If you would prefer to mail your donation, send it to the address below:
The Blessing Foundation
PO Box 7005
Quincy, Illinois 62305