Providing comprehensive healthcare practitioner credentialing services to the Blessing Health System
Blessing Hospital Medical Staff Services is compliant with DNV-GL Healthcare credentialing standards.
Online Verification Service: http://www.mdquery.com/blessing
- Conduct a thorough review and verification of credentialing information so Blessing entities can evaluate practitioners' ability to provide quality patient care and minimize risk for the Blessing Health System.
- Strive to provide Blessing entities with accurate information to facilitate their credentialing and privileging decisions.
- Commit to upholding the standards of DNV-GL Healthcare, legal regulations, and the Blessing values of Quality, Caring, Trust, Stewardship and Participation.
Scope of Services
- Collect and process applications for initial appointment, reappointment and additional privileges for all credentialed practitioners
- Obtain primary source verification (verifying all elements of application directly with source such as medical school, residency program, previous hospitals, licensing board and any other required source)
- Identify and investigate red flags found during credentialing process
- Process privilege forms and obtain required documentation
- Maintain Cactus credentialing database
- Maintain system-wide privilege forms
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and verification of license, malpractice insurance, DEA certificate and board certification for all applicable practitioners
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of sanctions or disciplinary actions such as licensure or sanctions
- Maintain active and archived credentials files
- Complete verification of Blessing membership and privileges for other organizations
- Assist in preparation and participate in credentialing portion of accreditation and regulatory surveys
Affiliation Verification Requests
Blessing Hospital is pleased to provide you with an online verification service which allows outside organizations to quickly and easily generate an print an instant verification of affiliation for any practitioner (past or present) via the internet at http://www.mdquery.com/blessing
The website represents current practitioner status information and is maintained by Blessing Hospital's Medical Staff Office. All information in the database is secure and cannot be altered by outside parties, therefore meeting the DNVL and NCQA standards. This internet service should be used for all affiliation verification requests. However, if you are prompted to contact the Medical Staff Services office, please fax your request to Medical Staff Services and a Medical Staff Coordinator at the number provided below and a staff member will complete your request as soon as possible. (Please allow at least one week for a response.)
Medical Staff Services
Broadway at 11th
Quincy IL, 62305
Phone: (217) 223-8400 ext. 6610
Fax: (217) 223-0610