BENEFIT ELIGIBILITY FOR EMPLOYEES
Blessing Health System is dedicated to offering a variety of benefits and insurance coverage’s to best meet the lifestyles of our diverse employee population and their dependents. Most plans are offered at reasonable group rates with bi-weekly premiums and many benefits are provided at no cost to the employees. Eligibility for most benefits begins the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment in an eligible status. The following is a brief summary of the benefits available. A full summary plan description is available upon request. Click here for job opportunities!
UP TO $25,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR SELECT POSITIONS
Blessing offers sign-on bonuses of up to $25,000 for select positions. Experience the Blessing Difference and join our team today!
Benefits for Eligible Employees
Blessing offers a variety of tuition assistance programs for qualifying employees, including Blessing Educational Revolving Fund (BERF) loans, Blessing Health System Loan Forgiveness (BHSLF) programs, and Employee Educational Assistance Programs (EEAP.) Click here to learn more about all of these assistance programs
Health Care Plan: Two plan options to choose from with varying deductibles and out of pocket maximums, offering reasonable, employer-sponsored, part-time and full-time group rates, paid by the employee. Comprehensive hospital and medical coverage, along with prescription coverage is also included on these plans for employees and dependents.
Other Health Services: Be Well With Diabetes Program (for health plan participants), Employer Clinic Services, Employee Assistance Program for Behavioral Health Services.
Core Health Worksite Wellness Program: Designed to encourage participants (all employees and spouses) to stay interested and involved in healthy habits and lifestyle changes. Access to tools, challenges and resources to help you lead a healthier lifestyle. $50.00 cash incentive and discounts on healthy food choices in the cafeteria just for participating.
- Paid Time Off (Vacations, Holidays, Personal Time and Sick Time): Generous accumulation of paid time away from work for vacations, holidays, personal & sick time. Accruals vary by date of hire, hours worked, & assigned status. Accrual begins at hire and increases based on years of service.
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b/401k): Immediate opportunity to set aside a portion of your earnings on a pre or after tax basis to help you save for retirement. Matching contributions are provided on elective deferrals.
- Match is $1 for $1 up to 2% of employees eligible compensation.
- 457(b): Available to Senior Management, Physicians, & Mid-Level Providers
- Available to dependents of all Blessing Health System employees. The Blessing Hospital Lauretta M. Eno Early Learning Center is an on-site child care facility. The care and education provided by the Early Learning Center has earned accreditation from the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC). In addition, the center holds Star Level 3 status under the State of Illinois Child Care Quality Rating System and Gold Circle of Quality from Excele Rate Illinois.
- Dental Coverage: Two levels of dental care coverage for employee and dependent at reasonable group rates through MetLife.
- Vision Coverage: Comprehensive vision coverage for employee and dependents at reasonable group rates through VSP.
- Dependent Life & AD&D Insurance: available for spouse and dependent children.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Allow employees to set aside income on a pre-tax basis to pay for certain eligible expenses like Health & Dependent Care.
- AFLAC: Accident, Cancer, and Intensive Care Plans are available.
- Pre-Paid Legal & Identity Theft Protection
- Base Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance: Coverage equal to 1 times annual base salary, not to exceed $650,000, is provided at no cost to the employee. Additional coverage levels available for purchase.
- Short Term Disability (STD): Effective the 1st of the month following 180 days. Replaces 60% of salary if you have an absence from work for more than 14 consecutive calendar days. 15% and 40% buy-up options available for purchase which increases income protection coverage to 75% or 100% respectively. Approved STD benefits may continue for up to 24 weeks of disability in any 12 month period.
- Long Term Disability: Effective the 1st of the month following 180 days and assigned at least 32 hours per week. Replaces 50% of salary after six months disability.
Blessing Health System offers a Certified Nurses Assistant training program for eligible staff members. Our overall pass rate for the state certification exam is 94%, and the Blessing Hospital pass rate is 98%. Classes generally take four weeks to complete.
- Educational Assistance: Eligible after 1 year of service (or 6 months for an RN degree) and assigned to work at least 16 hours per week. Financial assistance, leave of absence, or rescheduling work to attend classes. Lifetime maximums apply for graduate and undergraduate courses and funding varies by entity.
- Work Life Benefits: Discounts on health club memberships, entertainment, mobile phone services and other services through Work Life Portfolio.
- Wellness Center: Blessing offers the use of two fitness centers in Quincy and one in Pittsfield. Membership is free to all employees. Dependents are eligible to purchase memberships at a discounted rate. A fitness instructor is available (for a reasonable fee) to conduct personal and/or group training. The center is open 7 days a week, 24 hours.
- Service Awards: Certificate of service after six months employment, service gift at five years; then after each five-year interval. Ten Year Plus Club membership after 10 years of service
- Cafeteria, Tea Room, & BH Java: Payroll deduction available.
- Pharmacy: On-site retail pharmacy with payroll deduction available.