ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics)
Meets each Friday at 7 p.m. in Conference Room G at Blessing Hospital's 14th Street facility.
Meets each Tuesday from 7-8 p.m. at Horizons in Quincy (224 S. 8th). The Women's Group meets each Thursday from 4-5 p.m. For more information, call 217-223-1388.
- Please call 217-257-8787 before attending a meeting as times and locations vary. Alcoholics Anonymous is a weekly time for individuals to come together and discuss anything that is happening in their lives. It helps keep people from being isolated with their problems, and is a weekly reminder that no matter what the circumstances, they are not alone! Addicts Victorious has the answer, not just for alcohol, not just for drugs, but for any problem, fear or addiction that anyone can suffer!
- Meets each Wednesday at 6 p.m. at the Serenity Club, located at 901 S. 8th in Quincy.
Alanon/Alateen Information Line
- For immediate assistance, call (888) 4-ALANON at any time.
- Meets every Friday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at The Crossing in Quincy (150 48th Street). Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered group that helps us deal with our hurts, hang-ups and habits. For more information, contact Mike Stinekamp at (217) 224-6374.
- Call Preferred Family Healthcare for meeting times (217) 224-6300
Reformers Unanimous- Christian Addiction Recovery Program
- Meets every Friday at 7 p.m. at Grace Bible Church in Dallas City (2880 N. State Highway 9). Call (309) 264-4829 for more information.
Alzheimers Support Groups
- Meets every fourth Monday at 6:30 p.m. in Room 200 at the Quincy Senior Center (639 York). Call the Quincy Area Branch of the Alzheimer's Association at (217) 228-1111.
- Meets every last Saturday at 2 p.m. at Sunset Home in Quincy (418 Washington Street.) Call (217) 223-2636, ext. 393.
- Meets every fourth Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. at North Adams Home in Mendon (2259 East 1100 Street). Call (217) 936-2137
Amputee Support Group
- Meets every first Tuesday of the month. from 6-7 p.m. Call Luanne at (217-222-9223 for meeting locations.
Autism Support Group
- Call Bryan Main for meeting dates and times at (217) 222-6550, ext. 3365 or email email@example.com.
Puzzlebox Autism Awareness and Support Group
- Meets every third Monday of the month in the Third Floor Conference Room of Illini Community Hospital in Pittsfield, beginning at 6 p.m. Contact Taylor Sweeting at (217) 370-8142, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brain Trauma Association - Quincy Area*
- Meets occasionally. Call Vieve Veith at (217) 223-8400, ext. 6760, or Karen Campbell at (217) 223-5296 for more details.
Traumatic Brain Injury - Fulton County
- Meets every last Tuesday of the month, beginning at 7 p.m., at the First Christian Church, Room 104, located at South Avenue B & West Elm, Canton, Illinois. Call (309) 647-1519 for more details.
Reach for Recovery (Breast Cancer)
One-on-one meetings with post-surgical mastectomy patients. Contact Rosie Baskett at (217) 223-8400, ext. 7709 for more information.
Life with Spice (Breast Cancer Survivors)
- Meets every third Tuesday of the month at the KROC Center in Quincy, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Contact Victoria Huntley at (217) 653-5384, or email email@example.com for more information.
Facebook Regional Peer to Peer Support Group; “Cancer Journeys: Quincy IL Support Group”
- Visit this support group page online at https://www.facebook.com/groups/cancerjourneysquincyil/
Diabetes Group (Adults)
- Meets each Tuesday, at Noon, and each Thursday, at 6:30 p.m. Meetings are held at the Blessing Diabetes Center Classroom, located at Blessing Health Center West, at 927 Broadway in Quincy. Call (217) 223-8400, ext. 5912, for more information.
Down Syndrome Support Group
- Meets every last Monday of the month in the 11th Street Auditorium at Blessing Hospital, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Contact Lisa Neisen at (217) 223-8400, ext. 4190, or (217) 885-3159.
Quincy Area Epilepsy Support Group
- Call Bryan Main at 217-222-6550, ext. 3365, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, email for meeting dates, times and locations.
- Meets every Tuesday at 7 p.m., in Conference Room D at Blessing Hospital. Call Delores at (217) 316-1207 for details.
H.E.A.L. (Grief Support for Adults)
- Meets every third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m., in the Blessing Hospital Chapel. Contact Pat Holbrook- 223-8400, ext. 6825 for details.
Bereaved Parents of the USA
- This group is for those who have lost a child at any age, under any circumstance. The group meets every second Thursday at Conference Room M in Blessing, beginning at 7 p.m. For more information, contact Pat Holbrook at (217) 223-8400, ext. 6825.
S.H.A.R.E. (Grief support for the loss of a child)
- Held every third Thursday, at 7 p.m., at the Blessing Hospital Chapel. (loss of child through miscarriage, still birth or infant loss) Contact Pat Holbrook at (217) 223-8400, ext. 6825.
Grief Support Group
- Meets every first Tuesday of the month, at 7 p.m., at Greenfield First Baptist Church. Call Debbie Albrecht at (217) 491-1810, or Cindy Pembrook at (217) 248-2946 for details.
Huntington’s Disease Support Group
- Held every second Sunday of even months of the year. Meetings take place from 2-4 p.m. in Conference Room G of Blessing Hospital's 14th Street facility. Contact Barb HIlgenbrink at (217) 224-0115 for details.
Kidney Patient Support Group
- Meets every third or fourth Saturday of the month. Contact Lana Schmidt at (217) 617-2888, or email@example.com, or Ruby McGartland at (217) 653-5439.
Depression and Bi-Polar Support Group
- Meets every second Thursday of the month beginning at 6 p.m. in Conference Room B at Blessing Hospital. Contact Amanda Cox at (217) 316-9446 for details.
- Meets each Friday from 9-10:30 a.m., in Conference Room B at Blessing Hospital. Contact Brenda at (217) 779-3485, or Amanda at (217) 316-9446 for more information.
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Meets the first Monday of each month, beginning at 5:30 p.m., at Transitions of Western Illinois. Contact Angie Thompson at (217) 222-7066 for details.
Left Behind/Moving Forward
- This group is for survivors of suicide of a friend, family member or loved one. It meets every third Monday of the month, from 6-7 p.m., at Transitions of Western Illinois in Quincy.
Local Suicide Hotline:(217) 222-1166
National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- For organ transplant recipients, donor families and those on a waiting list. Meets every third Wednesday of the month, at 6:30 p.m., at Conference Room A at Blessing Hospital. Contact Kim Funk at (217) 322-3065 for more information.
Ostomy - Qcy. Area United Ostomy Assoc.
- Meets every third Sunday of every odd month of the year. Meetings begin at 2:15 p.m. in Conference Room C at Blessing Hospital. Contact Danny Meyer at (573) 769-2786, or Marilyn Shepherd at (573) 248-9733.
4th Trimester Therapy Group, for new mothers
- Meets every Thursday from 6-7 pm. To register and learn the next meeting location, call Quincy Medical Group at 222-6500, ext. 3468 or ext. 3484.
Breastfeeding Support Group
- Meets every Thursday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., or every Tuesday from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at the Fourth Floor OB Classroom) at Blessing Hospital. Call Callie Binsoi, R.N., at (217) 223-8400, ext. 8405, for details.
Facebook Regional Peer to Peer Support Group; “Best Beginnings: Quincy IL Breastfeeding Support Group”
Quincy Parkinson’s Support Group
- Meetings for 2016 wlll be held May 14, June 18, July 9, Aug 6, Sept 10, Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 10, from 10:30 am -12:30 pm, at the Quincy Public Library. Contact Terri and Dave May at (217) 224-7027 for questions.
Widows & Widowers
- This group is not what you think! We focus is on fellowship & fun together. Meetings are held at the Union United Methodist Church. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)
- Meets every second Thursday of the month at Quincy Unitarian Church..Email email@example.com , or call Liza Hyashi at (217) 242-7137.
Sleep Disorders Support Group
- Meets every third Tuesday in March, June, September and December. The group meets from 6:30-8:00 p.m. at the Blessing Sleep Center, located in the in Bank of Quincy building. For questions, call (217) 277-5390.
Vision Impaired - Low Vision and Blind
- Meets every first Thursday of the month from 10-11 a.m. at the Quincy Senior Center. Contact Patricia Bissell at (217) 779-3821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meets every last Saturday of the month from 12-2 p.m. at St. James Lutheran Church. Call (217) 779-3821 by the Tuesday before the meeting to RSVP for a free meal and transportation.
- A shuttle service that provides transportation to hospitals. Call (217) 222-7055 or (800) 754-2200 for more information or reservations.
- Call Rob Robertson at (573) 795-1461 for details.
Road to Recovery
- American Cancer Society, Springfield (217) 546-7586. For patients needing transportation assistance for treatments, such as chemotherapy, radiation and dialysis at the Hospital.
RSVP - The Quincy RSVP office
- Call (217) 224-3633. This group has volunteers who drive patients to treatments. They can refer callers to RSVP services available in other area communities.
New Start Rescue Mission: A Men’s Discipleship Program
- Located at 936 N. 6th Street in Quincy. Contact Bill Hahn at (217) 223-1200.
United Way HelpLine
- (217) 224-1223