Infectious Disease Medicine deals with a broad spectrum of infections ranging throughout all of the body’s systems and organs. Dealing with mild to severe infections, Dr. Adnan Mushtaq and our team will thoroughly work to identify what infections are impacting your body and to find solutions.
Experience the Blessing Difference: Our Infectious Disease Medicine Care
Whether your infection may be viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic, our Infectious Disease Medicine team takes an in-depth approach to identifying the issue and find solutions.
- Quality: Our goal is to identify your infections and treat in a way that is best for you. We listen to you to best understand what is happening in your body. Our experienced staff treats you with empathy and respect.
- Expert Knowledge: Board-certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Our staff meets all Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) requirements and maintains certification through the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Evidence-based medicine: Our approach to care is based up on studies and evidence-based practices.
- General principles: With a throughout discovery process including speaking with you, examinations and lab data, investigating every patient’s infection is its own journey that we treat with care. We’ll put together a picture of your labwork and health history to best identify your specific issue.
Infectious Disease Medicine: Conditions We Treat
Our staff works closely with providers and referrals from several other healthcare specialties to identify infections in your body. Some examples of those from referring providers include the following:
- Internal Medicine: Pneumonia, Skin & soft tissue infections, endemic fungal infections (histoplasmosis, blastomycosis)
- Family Medicine: Pneumonia, Skin & soft tissue infections, endemic fungal infections (histoplasmosis, blastomycosis)
- Pulmonary Medicine: endemic fungal infections (pulmonary histoplasmosis), Aspergillosis.
- Orthopedics – Infected bones or joints
- Endocronology - Diabetic foot infections
- Podiatry – Toe infections
- Cardiology - Infected heart valves
- Surgery - Post-operation infections
- Neurology - Meningitis
To schedule an appointment or refer a patient, please call (217) 214-9630.
Refer a Patient
If you are a doctor who wants to refer a patient to Blessing’s Infectious Disease Medicine team, please call (217) 214-9630.