Experience the Blessing Difference: Endocrinology Care
Our endocrine system regulates hormones that act as messengers from one area of the body to another. The system includes the pancreas, thyroid, parathyroid, pineal, hypothalamus, adrenal and pituitary glands, and the ovaries and testes.
Patients choose us because of our:
Thorough monitoring and team approach: Dr. Patel works closely with primary care providers and other specialists on your care team to improve your health condition and quality of life through patient education, diagnosis, monitoring and treatment.
- Depth of expertise: Dr. Patel is fellowship-trained and board certified in endocrinology and metabolism, which requires extensive training.
Thyroid and Parathyroid Disorders
The thyroid gland is located in the lower front of the neck. It secretes thyroid hormone into the bloodstream that reaches every tissue in the body. The parathyroid glands are located on the backside of the thyroid.
- Thyroid hormone helps the body use energy, stay warm, keep vital organs working as they should. The parathyroid hormone helps regulate the body’s levels of calcium and phosphorus.
- Treatment and diagnosis of underactive and overactive thyroids and parathyroids, and growths and cancers have symptoms that manifest throughout your body.
- Thyroid nodule biopsies, this office procedure is the only non-surgical way to differentiate between malignant and benign nodules. Dr. Patel performs the biopsy under ultrasound guidance to ensure accurate placement of the needle within the thyroid nodule. It is simple and safe.
Diabetes and Insulin Pump Use
- Diabetes management: For patients who need help keeping their blood sugar in check, our specialist works closely with the diabetes care team. Learn more about the
- Insulin pump: Dr. Patel is an expert in the use of insulin pumps. Our team can help you determine the best pump for you and provide training for successful use.
Other Conditions We Treat
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Pituitary growths
- Adrenal problems
To schedule an appointment, or refer a patient, call (217) 214-9615.