Prepared Childbirth Class
This class prepares you and your support partner for a rewarding birth experience and beyond. Here’s what you should know:
- Topics: In this class, our certified childbirth educator covers:
- Labor and delivery: You will learn about breathing and relaxation techniques to cope with labor, labor induction methods and cesarean births. Learn more about labor and delivery FAQs.
- Newborn care: The second half of class focuses on common newborn behaviors and teaches basic newborn care. This topic includes infant feeding and sleeping strategies.
- Sessions: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we offer online options for childbirth classes, for your convenience:
- One all-day class on a Saturday, 10 am - Noon.
- Details: As part of the course, you will receive a 123-page manual that covers the birth process through baby’s first year of life. Please bring 2 bed-sized pillows to class and dress comfortably.
This class focuses on the benefits of breastfeeding and shares strategies for a successful breastfeeding journey. Here’s what you should know:
- Topics: In this class, our certified lactation consultant addresses:
- Proper positioning and common latching concerns
- How to tell if baby is getting enough milk
- Ways to overcome breastfeeding obstacles after returning to work
- Sessions: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this 1-night class meets online, from 7-8:30 pm, on select weeknights. Please call (217) 223-8400, ext. 5901 for current class times.
- Details: We encourage moms and their partners to attend this breastfeeding class. We also offer a weekly in-person support group and an online Facebook group for moms who breastfeed. Learn more about our breastfeeding support services.
While we do not currently offer epidural classes, we encourage you to watch this short video regarding epidurals.
Childbirth Refresher Class
This shortened class benefits women who attended a childbirth prep class during a previous pregnancy or need a brief refresher to prepare for a new baby. Here’s what you should know:
- Topics: Blessing’s maternity care experts give an abbreviated version of childbirth preparation and newborn care.
- Sessions: This class lasts 2 hours. Please call (217) 223-8400, ext. 5901 for current class times.
- Details: Please dress comfortably and bring 2 bed-sized pillows to class. We also encourage you to bring a support person.
To learn more about Blessing’s maternity care services, please call (217) 223-8400, ext. 8400. To register for a childbirth class, please call (217) 223-8400, ext. 5901. Or click here to register online.