Heart and Vascular Care: Experience the Blessing Difference
If you have heart disease, you need expert care from skilled specialists. At Blessing’s Heart & Vascular Center, you receive the same top-level care you would expect in St. Louis, Springfield or any other larger city. We offer exceptional heart care right here in your community. When you come to Blessing for heart and vascular care, you benefit from care provided throughout the region and many locations all offering:
- Commitment to excellence: Heart and vascular care teams that are recognized for medical excellence and compassionate patient care. Recognitions include:
- Accredited Chest Pain Center via American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services, with additional recognition of its percutaneous coronary interventions (PCI) capabilities to clear blockages and reduce heart attack damage
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care recognition by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois.
- Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center via the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Blessing Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Accredited echocardiography lab via Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Advanced technology: The Heart & Vascular Center features the latest technology, including the only electrophysiology (EP) lab in the region. Here, we quickly diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms, or arrhythmias.
- Depth of expertise: Each of the doctors has a specialized area of cardiac expertise. We have specialists in heart failure, heart valve problems, arrhythmias, and interventional and surgical procedures. For more complex cases, doctors collaborate with Washington University Physicians in St. Louis.
- Care that focuses on you: We treat patients like family. You will see the same familiar, helpful faces at your appointments and throughout your course of treatment.
- Convenience: We make it easy for you to get all of your diagnostic heart tests, heart procedures and follow-up care in one easy-to-access location.
Conditions We Treat
Specialists treat a range of heart, vascular and lung conditions, including:
- Arrhythmia: Your heartbeat is too slow, too fast or irregular. Learn more about arrhythmia.
- Heart attacks and strokes: A blood clot or calcified lesion stops blood flow to your heart (heart attack) or brain (stroke). Learn more about heart attacks and strokes.
- Heart disease: Plaque builds up in your heart’s arteries (hardening or narrowing of the arteries). Learn more about heart disease.
- Heart failure: Your weakened heart does not pump enough blood. Learn more about heart failure.
- Heart valve disease: Your heart valve does not fully open (stenosis) or does not fully close (regurgitation). Learn more about heart valve disease.
- Thoracic conditions: Problems that affect the lungs, chest, diaphragm and esophagus. Thoracic conditions include lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Click this American Heart Association link below to determine your risk for heart disease.
To schedule an appointment with a cardiologist in please call 217-257-5000. To view upcoming heart related events please click here.