Undergoing a surgical procedure for a gynecological problem can be distressing. The gynecologic surgery team at Blessing is here to listen to your concerns and talk you through the procedure. We want you to feel confident in your decision.
Experience the Blessing Difference: Gynecologic Surgery
When you come to Blessing for gynecologic surgery, you benefit from:
- Care that focuses on you: At Blessing, we treat our patients like family. You will see the same familiar, helpful faces at your appointments and throughout your course of treatment and recovery.
- Comprehensive services: All the care you need from diagnosis to treatment to follow-up is available right here at Blessing.
- Minimally invasive procedures: When possible, our surgical team performs robot-assisted procedures using the da Vinci® Surgical System. Your doctor uses a laparoscope, or small video camera, to guide the procedure. This method requires smaller incisions and less cutting of muscle and other soft tissues. As a result, you benefit from:
- Reduced pain
- Lower infection risk
- Less bleeding
- Faster recovery
- Less scarring
Gynecologic Surgery Procedures at Blessing
Our surgical team performs a range of gynecologic surgery procedures, including:
- Hysterectomy: Removes the uterus, and sometimes the cervix, ovaries and fallopian tubes
- Tubal ligation: Blocks, ties or cuts the fallopian tubes to prevent pregnancy
- Urinary incontinence surgery: Provides support for the urethra and bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery: Reconstructs the pelvic floor to support organs, such as bladder and uterus
- Endometrial ablation: Destroys the uterine lining to stop excessive bleeding
- Loop electrosurgical extraction procedure (LEEP): Removes abnormal cervical cells
- Myomectomy: Removes uterine fibroids, which are noncancerous growths
- Laparoscopy: Treats endometriosis, ovarian cysts and ectopic pregnancies
- Hysteroscopy: Examines the uterus for causes of abnormal bleeding and removes noncancerous uterine fibroids and polyps
To learn more about gynecologic surgery options at Blessing or to schedule an appointment, please call (217) 214-3830.