Follow My Health Patient Portal: Video Visits
You can’t always make it to your doctor’s office. With Video Visits through the FollowMyHealth Patient Portal, you don’t have to for certain symptoms. You can receive care from your trusted provider through a video call to discuss any issues face-to-face.
How To Request a Virtual Video Appointment?
Current patients can request a virtual visit via the patient portal once they are signed up or by calling their provider office. If you currently don't have a provider please call (217) 223-1200 and we will help find the right provider to meet your needs.
What You Should Expect the Day of Your Appointment?
We look forward to providing you care through a virtual visit. Please view the following instructions for details on how to conduct a virtual visit.
- On the day of your scheduled visit, the receptionist will contact you to pre-register you prior to your appointment.
- Please click here to review our Blessing Health System Consent to Treat and Authorizations before your scheduled visit.
- At the time of the visit, please wait by your phone or device at least 10 minutes before your scheduled virtual visit. If using a desktop computer Google Chrome is the preferred browser.
- Your provider will contact you in the pre-arranged/requested way. For the best visit results, patients may be asked to take their own temperature, blood pressure and weight.
- Watch the below video for instructions on how to join a scheduled video visit.
Tips for a Successful Video Visit
- Make a list of your symptoms, any chronic conditions and current medications
- Keep track of your temperature and blood pressure
- Know where the Emergency Room or Walk-In Clinic is located if asked to go
- Make sure your technology is ready and charged
- Register for and download the patient portal app
- Have a clear camera view of you for your provider
- Have paper and pen for notes
- Talk clearly and present all your symptoms
- Make notes and ask questions if something is unclear
Patient Portal Support
The FollowMyHealth support team is available Monday–Friday from 7 am – 7 pm CT to help with any questions or password resets that you may need. (Please note, all national holidays are observed.) Call toll-free (888) 670-9775, or email email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the content of your patient portal, please contact Blessing Health System Health Information Management department at (217) 223-8400 ext. 6600.