Home Care: The Services We Provide
We have more than 30 registered nurses, certified nursing assistants and certified therapists with specialized skills and training in home health care. We visit you at home to provide services including:
- Wound care: We treat to prevent infection, promote healing and make your recovery quicker.
- Intravenous (IV) treatments: If you need to take medications intravenously (directly into a vein), our nurses can administer them safely and painlessly.
- Medication instructions and help: We show you how and when to take your medications and can help you order prescriptions by mail.
- Equipment education: If you need a wheelchair, walker, oxygen mask or other medical aid, we show you how to safely use your equipment.
Specialist Programs and Therapies
You can manage your health, recover from surgery or illness and regain movement and function after strokes or traumas with the help of Blessing Home Care. Services you can receive at home include:
- Physical therapy: Our physical therapists help you recover motion and strength after surgery or illness. The sooner you begin moving safely, the shorter your recovery time. Read more about physical therapy.
- Occupational therapy: We help you relearn familiar tasks or learn new ways of doing them after serious injury, illness or stroke. We help you regain function and physical ability for work, household chores and recreational activities. Learn about occupational therapy.
- Speech therapy: We evaluate your current ability to listen and speak and provide strategies and tools to help you relearn speech, if needed. In some cases, we may teach you and your family new ways to communicate. Read about our speech therapy.
- Lymphedema therapy: We have therapists with special certifications in treating lymphedema, fluid buildup in your arm or leg after surgery. Learn more about how we treat lymphedema at Blessing.
- Ostomy specialists: If you have had part of your colon removed, our ostomy specialists can help you adjust to using a colostomy bag. We teach you how to change the bag efficiently and easily and keep everything clean, so that you can feel confident in your self-care.
- Congestive heart failure (CHF) program: Our services help you safely increase your endurance and strength. We show you how to take your medications correctly and how to recognize early warning signs that you need to rest. Improving your core health helps you manage the condition.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) program: You can better manage COPD with help from our experienced nurses. We teach you how to prevent panic attacks and how to use your inhaler correctly. You learn strategies for conserving energy, exercises to increase your endurance and other ways to improve your quality of life. We also teach family members how they can help you.
- Parkinson’s disease therapy: We have a variety of therapies to help people living with Parkinson’s disease. Our 16-week course of exercises can help minimize or prevent freezing episodes, a sudden, temporary inability to move.
- Fitness made easy: Blessing Home Care provides free exercise classes in towns around the area. The classes are great for senior citizens and people of any age with mild physical limitations. Most classes run 30-45 minutes. The intensity of the exercise is different at each location. Click here to view locations.
Call us at (217) 223-8400, ext. 4910 to learn more about our home health care services. We can help you understand your in-home medical needs. You’ll need a referral from your primary care doctor to receive our services.