Neuropsychology is the study of brain function and behavior in children and adolescents. Brain functioning has a direct impact on the behavioral, cognitive and psychosocial adjustment. Led by board-certified Neuropsychologist Chad Noggle, our team works to provide positive outcomes.
Experience The Blessing Difference: Neuropsychology
A neuropsychological evaluation may help if your child has:
- A neurological disorder.
- A brain injury from trauma to the head, stroke, lack of oxygen or an infection.
- Medical problems such as prematurity, diabetes, chronic heart or breathing problems, genetic disorders or treatment for childhood cancer.
- Been exposed to lead, street drugs or inhalants.
- Been exposed to alcohol, smoking or drugs prior to birth.
- A developmental or school problem
- Sensory disorders
Neuropsychological evaluations include tests that measure:
- Problem solving
- Planning and organization
- Attention and memory
- Processing speed
- Academic skills
- Visual perception
- Control over hand movements
- Depression and anxiety
- Social skills
To schedule an appointment with Neuropsychology please call 217-223-8400 ext 4594.
For more information or to refer a patient to the Blessing Behavioral Center, contact Admissions 24 hours a day at (217) 223-1200, (ask for Behavioral Center). For Blessing outpatient services call (800) 222-9913 in Illinois and (800) 222-9914 in Missouri and Iowa.