Breast Augmentation: What You Should Know
This surgical procedure uses breast implants to increase the size and fullness of your breasts. Here are some helpful points to note:
- What it is: Breast implants come in different shapes and sizes. Saline and silicone are the most common types of breast implants used today. A skilled plastic surgeon can discuss the pros and cons of different materials and sizes and help you find the best match for your body and needs. During breast augmentation surgery, a plastic surgeon carefully places the implants under your skin to make your breasts look:
- Fuller, particularly after weight loss or pregnancy
- More symmetrical
- Recovery: Your doctor will give you detailed instructions about your recovery, but you might be asked to wear a surgical bra to speed the healing process. Expect to take at least 1 week off to rest and recover following breast augmentation surgery. While you may wish to return to work after 1 week to 10 days, your doctor may ask you to limit heavy lifting for 1 month or longer.
Experience the Blessing Difference: Plastic Surgery
Our knowledgeable plastic surgery specialists provide compassionate care and excellent cosmetic results. Patients choose Blessing for our:
- Expertise: Our plastic surgeon Dr. Warren Hagan is board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He has performed hundreds of breast augmentation surgeries during the past 30 years, with superb results. We provide a high level of care to all of our patients.
- In-depth consultation process: While our care specialists take every safety precaution, breast augmentation is an intricate medical procedure. You should have all your questions answered and feel confident before moving forward. We are happy to provide any information that will help you make that decision. Learn more about what to expect.
- Research-based procedures: Our plastic surgeon closely follows the latest research and uses the latest techniques and innovations when performing cosmetic procedures. You can trust that all procedures we offer are backed by established science with proven results.
- Care that focuses on you: From your first consultation call with our receptionist to our thorough follow-up care, patients appreciate the extra attention they receive from our care team. We are invested in helping you achieve the best outcome, and you will feel it during every step of the care process.