Rhinoplasty: What You Should Know
Rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed today. Here’s what you should know about this procedure:
- What it is: A plastic surgeon makes small incisions in the skin, then carefully shifts the nose’s bone and cartilage to achieve the desired result. People may undergo nose surgery to achieve a more ideal appearance or improved breathing function. Rhinoplasty can effectively address:
- Structural issues that make it difficult for you to breathe through your nose, such as a deviated septum
- Appearance concerns, such as a bump in the nose’s bridge
- Shape distortions caused by an injury or congenital causes
- Procedure details: Doctors perform this procedure using either a:
- Closed procedure: A surgeon makes incisions inside the nose.
- Open procedure: We cut under the nose, on the columella (the tissue that separates your nostrils).
- Recovery time: After rhinoplasty surgery, we may place packing and support materials on or in your nose to allow for effective healing. You should expect any swelling to gradually subside in the first few weeks after surgery. It can take up to a full year for your nose to finalize its new and improved shape.
Experience the Blessing Difference: Plastic Surgery
Our plastic surgery care team can help you decide whether a rhinoplasty procedure (alone or in combination with other procedures) might help you meet your cosmetic goals. Patients choose Blessing for our:
- Expert team: Our plastic surgeon Dr. Warren Hagan is board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery as well as head and neck surgery. He performs procedures that are backed by research evidence. Over the past 30 years, he has treated hundreds of satisfied patients. His extensive training and experience has made him a sought-after plastic surgeon.
- Specialized training: Dr. Hagan performs both open and closed rhinoplasty procedures, with excellent results. Our plastic surgery team has received specific training to complete all cosmetic procedures in the safest and least invasive way. We get you the results you want while prioritizing your safety.
- Care that focuses on you: Our care team works together to offer you the highest level of care in cosmetic enhancement. From your first consultation to postsurgery follow-up, you will experience the difference in patient care that a compassionate care team makes. Learn more about what to expect.
To schedule an appointment or refer a patient, please call (217) 214-6256.