Liposuction: What You Should Know
Liposuction is a common cosmetic procedure that can tackle many different areas with excellent results. Here’s what you should know about this procedure:
- What it is: Liposuction uses a surgical tool to remove, or suck out, fat deposits in specific areas. This helps improve the shape or proportion of particular body parts. Liposuction techniques can be performed on many areas of the body, including:
- Calves or thighs
- Hips, backside or back
- Stomach or waist
- Upper arms
- Chest or neck area
- Recovery time: Bruising and swelling are common after liposuction. However, recovery is relatively quick. You can likely return to work after a few days and be back to your normal activities within 2 weeks.
Tummy Tuck: What You Should Know
If you are looking for a flatter stomach and exercise does not give you the results you want, a tummy tuck might benefit you. Here’s what you should know:
- What it is: In a tummy tuck procedure, a surgeon removes excess fat and skin from the stomach. This tightens the abdominal muscles and wall, revealing a flatter and more toned result.
- Recovery time: Complications are rare, but you should look out for bleeding and insufficient healing of the procedure site. This can be a sign of infection. Set aside at least 2 weeks to rest and recover fully. Some patients experience some soreness up to a month after surgery, so plan accordingly to help ease back into regular activities. Allow yourself to regain your strength and stamina to ensure the most successful result.
Experience the Blessing Difference: Plastic Surgery
Our dedicated plastic surgery care team can help you decide which procedure—or combination of procedures—matches your goals. Patients choose Blessing for our:
- Expertise: Our program is led by expert plastic surgeon Dr. Warren Hagan, who has honed his techniques during 30 years of practice. He is board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery as well as otolaryntology—head and neck surgery. This means he receives and maintains a high level of training in this area.
- Multiple procedures at one time: Liposuction and tummy tuck procedures are sometimes performed at the same time as other cosmetic procedures. Because risks increase with multiple surgeries, you will want a skilled expert’s opinion on the best plan for you. With our experience, we can deliver the highest level of care in cosmetic enhancement.
- Care that focuses on you: From your first contact with our receptionist to our attentive follow-up care, we treat you like family—because that is how we see you. Learn more about what to expect.